We are blessed to have our own library at TLS. In order to maintain our library and to keep everything available to all students, the following guidelines have been established:
- All Kindergarten - 8th Grade students may check out books
- Student visits to the library are authorized by their teacher
- They are given 10 minutes to select a book and return to their classroom
- Students may check out two books, which are due back in two weeks.
- It is the students' responsibility to return their books on time.
- Overdue notices will be sent when a book is overdue
- 3rd - 8th Grades pay fines for overdue books
- All students pay the replacement cost for a lost or damaged book
Any book that a child checks out in the library is the responsibility of that child. Students should not “loan” books to other students. They are expected to treat the book with care and return it on/before the due date.
- If a child has an overdue book, a $0.50 fine will be assessed each school day until the book is returned.
- Students who owe the library fines at the end of each quarter will not be allowed to check out books the following quarter until the fine has been paid and the book has been returned.
- Students who owe the library fines at the end of the school year will be charged the cost of the book. The student will not be allowed to check out books the following year until the book has been paid for or returned and the fine has been paid.
- Students may be charged for damages to books.
- Students who have difficulty adhering to the library procedures may be restricted from using the library for a period of time. Parents will be contacted if this occurs.